Paper and Digital
Please find the ChartCo Paper and Digital Terms and Conditions via the link below.
Please find the ChartCo PassageManager Terms and Conditions of Service via the link below.
Please find the Regs4ships Terms and Conditions for Digital Products along with Subscriptions and Trials via the link below.
Website Terms and Conditions
1. Terms of website use
2. About us
This website is managed by ChartCo Limited ("We"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 03652059, and have our registered office, and principal trading address, at Unit 4, Mollison Avenue, Enfield EN3 7XQ, United Kingdom. The main switchboard number is +44 1992 805400. You can contact us online through the contact form on the website.
Our VAT registration number is: GB918080917/003.
3. Intellectual property rights
All rights are reserved – for further information, please refer to our Intellectual Property Rights statement.
4. Accessing our site
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our site, or our entire site, to users who have registered with us. If we provide you with a user ID and password to enable you to access restricted areas of our site, or other content or services, you must ensure that the user ID and password is confidential. You accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your user ID and password. We may disable your user ID and password at our absolute discretion.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. While we strive to protect such information, we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you transmit to, or receive from, us. Accordingly, such transmission is at your own risk. We will not be liable for any damages or loss arising out of or resulting from any unauthorised access to, alteration to or modification of information contained on this website.
We make every effort to check and test our website during production. You must take your own precautions to ensure that the process which you employ for accessing this website does not expose you to risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference which may damage your computer system. It is always wise for you to run an anti-virus program on anything you download from the internet.
5. About our website
We aim to update our site regularly and to ensure that content on this site is accurate and up to date, and may change the content at any time. However, we shall be under no obligation to update the content.
- We cannot guarantee that the content is always accurate and up to date, or that it applies to the individual circumstances of your business.
- Content of this site is not intended to be used as a substitute for legal or professional advice or to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed.
- You should seek any appropriate professional advice relevant to your particular circumstances.
We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed upon such content by any visitor to our site or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
6. Acceptable use policy
You agree to use this site for lawful purposes only. You must not use this site for any of the following:
- To send, state, publish, use or reuse any material which is offensive, abusive, defamatory, indecent, obscene, threatening or illegal or in breach of copyright, trade mark, confidence, privacy or any other rights.
- To transmit any chain letters, spam letters, or junk email or participate in mischievous or malicious behaviour which causes or may cause damage, annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to this website, to any ChartCo company, or any other party.
- To participate in any denial-of-service attack or distributed denial-of-service attack.
- You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site.
- You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them.
In the interests of all our users, we will co-operate with investigations by any law enforcement agency or relevant authority of suspected criminal activity or violation of systems or networks.
When uploading documents to this website you must take every reasonable precaution to prevent the spread or diffusion of any software contamination including computer viruses.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it or on any website linked to it.
7. Links to other websites
Where our site contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
We are not responsible for the content of any linked website and cannot take responsibility for the consequences of your using the information or services on linked websites and we accept no responsibility for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time.
Our website does not endorse or favour any specific commercial product or business. Non-government sites linked to from this website are present only because they may be useful additions to the information we provide. A link to a third-party website does not imply endorsement; you must use your own judgement to decide whether the information or service on that website is suitable for your needs. The linked websites are regularly reviewed in the light of customer usage and feedback.
Websites that we link to may have Terms and Conditions that are different from ours. Do not assume that our Terms and Conditions apply to other websites.
8. Linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided that you do so in a way that is fair and legal, that does not damage our reputation, or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any website which is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than set out above, please contact us.
9. Online services, transactions and payments
When using this website you may access or follow links to a number of online services or transactions. Each of these services may have its own Terms and Conditions or end user licences that apply only to that service. Users of any service should ensure that they read and agree the relevant terms and conditions.
We cannot guarantee the availability of any particular service either provided by us or by our agents and partners. Contracts for the supply of goods formed through our site or as a result of visits made by you to our site are governed by our standard terms and conditions of sale.
10. Data Protection
11. Modifications and additions
12. Our liability
The content displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials or content posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contract, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, loss of goodwill or wasted management or office time and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
If we waive any rights available to us under these terms and conditions on an occasion, this does not mean that those rights will automatically be waived on any other or subsequent occasion.
If any part of these terms and conditions are held to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal for any reason, the remaining terms and conditions shall nevertheless continue in full force.
14. Applicable Law
If you use information or services provided on this website from outside the UK, you are responsible for ensuring your use conforms to local laws as well as to the laws of England and Wales.
15. Your concerns
If you have any concerns about the content that appears on our site, please contact us.
These terms were last updated on 25 May 2018.