Vessels are now required by The International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) and the Maritime Labour Convention (MLC) to monitor and record crew working and rest hours. The Oil Companies International Marine Forum (OCIMF) recommends that this be done by way of on-board software and Port State Control authorities have confirmed that they will actively check compliance.
ChartCo's Work and Rest Hours module enables seafarers to log work or rest periods whilst checking for compliance with international legislations. Any violations are highlighted in red with an explanation of the non-conformity. A Working Arrangements sheet can be printed in English and the preferred language on-board. Weekly or monthly timesheets can also be printed at any time and signed off by the Master or Supervisor. Reports are available to the Master and Supervisors so they can monitor the working patterns on-board and prevent non-compliance. The work and rest module can be installed on one or more PCs and all data is synchronised with the ChartCo Servers so shore-based staff can also review and interrogate the work and rest data in FleetManager.
- Less time spent by crew on logging their hours and fewer mistakes made.
- When logging time, the software alerts the user to when non-conformances occurred and the reason why.
- Ensures compliance with relevant international and national legislations on seafarer's work and rest hours.
- Prevents crew fatigue.
- Helps demonstrate to PSC that controls are in place for the logging of work and rest hours.
- Records are locked once electronically signed by the seafarer and Master/Supervisor eliminating opportunity for tampering with old records.
- All data logged is synchronised back to the ChartCo FleetManager portal for shore-based monitoring and reporting.
- Can be installed on multiple PCs making the entry of seafarer's work or rest hours more accessible.
- Extremely simple and intuitive to use.
- Complies with current regulations including ILO MLC, STCW incl. Manila amendments and US OPA 90.
- Compliance checking in real time and clear visual highlighting when non-compliance is detected.
- Enter default shift patterns to simplify the logging of daily work or rest hours for each seafarer - only adjustments to the default shift pattern needs to be made.
- Timesheets and working arrangements can be printed and signed.
- Maintain crew lists, individual crew records and generate IMO crew list.
- Can be integrated into PassageManager or can be installed independently on one or more PCs.
- Fleet wide reporting and monitoring for shore-based personnel in the ChartCo FleetManager portal (multi-user version only).
- Multiple language packs available enabling the software to be run in the users preferred language.