With the forthcoming release of PassageManager 6.0 we have compiled a list of some of the new features, improvements and solutions that you can expect to see in the latest version.
The latest features will deliver a much greater improvement and introduces A new ENC map + AIO layer. It includes ChartCo's new eBook reader and Work & Rest Hours software, provides access to the latest training videos, as well as improvements to ENC Management, Passage Planning, Routeing and much more.
ENC Map and AIO Layer
- New ENC map provides the capability of zooming into official AVCS chart data (a valid AVCS permit is required).
- ADMIRALTY Information Overlay (AIO) can be displayed on top of AVCS chart data.
- Right-clicking the AVCS chart data or AIO data opens a chart query function allowing the data to be interrogated.
- The latest Training Videos can be accessed from the Home Page.
- The Training Videos page lists all of the available Training Videos and includes an enhanced search capability.
- The PassageManager Site Code and Machine ID is now automatically transferred back to the ChartCo Servers.
- This means 'value added' services such as Enhanced Port Data, Piracy and Enhanced Routeing can be licenced without end-user intervention.
Integrated ChartCo eBook Reader
- Provides access to International Maritime Organization (IMO) eBooks.
- Automated purchasing and licensing of IMO eBooks - automated through the ChartCo servers simplifying the ordering process.
Support for New Route Formats
- Support for new Totem and Martek ECDIS route Formats.
- New Setup Wizard - ensures that all required steps are completed in the correct sequence.
- ENC Outfit is Permit driven only - ENC Outfit can only be created and updated from a Permit file and the option to manually amend ENC Outfit is removed.
- Cumulative Exchange Set - All weekly exchange sets are cumulative which will help prevent out of sequence update issues on ECDIS.
- Automated handling of ENC Notices - when the user elects to collect New Editions automatically then ENC Notices are automatically accepted.
- Route planning now uses the official ECDIS style and includes channel limits and leg details including bearing, distance and planned speed.
- Consillium ECDIS import options extended to support .txt routes.
- Improved support for SPOS XML routes.
- New AIO step - Relevant AIO information for the voyage can be shown as a summary or with full detail.
- The minimum charted depth, in Step 3 - Depth Under Keel, is automatically populated using the official ADMIRALTY Vector Chart Service (AVCS) chart data (a valid AVCS permit for the voyage is required).
- New Save/Restart functionality allows the Passage Plan to be saved at any point and resumed at a later stage.
- Preview map images option, in Step 4 - Charts, has been extended to support AVCS chart images. Simply zoom into the sufficient scale and embed the AVCS chart image in the passage plan - useful for VTS, Port Entry etc.