For environmental compliance
EMPOWERING CREWS TO COMPLY WITH ENVIRONMENTAL REGULATIONS
EnviroManager is a location-based system designed to assist with MARPOL regulation compliance.
Using a GPS feed and a regularly updated geographic database, including national and international baselines, EnviroManager provides a simple colour coded system to advise crew about discharges permitted and not permitted at any position worldwide including bilge water, sewage, air emissions, garbage, food waste and ballast.
A range of symbols helps the vessel plan the handling of waste in an efficient way and minimises the risk of a faulty discharge. This powerful application includes Zone Entry Time information for Special Areas, Particularly Sensitive Sea Areas and Emission Control Areas.
One user explains how easy it makes compliance:
"A recent audit by Shell onboard one of our vessels made a positive acknowledgement that we have invested well in software packages such as ChartCo's Docmap for controlling our SMS and communication between shoreside HSE management and the vessel, and their EnviroManager tool which the auditor noted as '… an innovative system that uses the vessel's GPS position to indicate what controls the vessel should have in force for the control of waste according to MARPOL.' We are very happy with the outcome."
- Lars B. Lødøen, HSEQ Manager, Sanco Shipping AS
See EnviroManager in action:
Consider EnviroManager to:
- Make it easier for the crew to handle waste.
- Reduce the risk of illegal or faulty discharge.
- Provide relevant environmental information in real time.
- Optimise waste handling.
- Optimise fuel handling (high/low sulfur).
- Follow up on ISO certification.
- Improve your vessel and company's environmental footprint and reputation.
- All country baselines, worldwide.
- Full International MARPOL regulations (Annex I, II, III, IV, V & VI).
- MARPOL areas : Particularly Sensitive Sea Areas (PSSAs), Special Areas (SAs), Emission Control Areas (ECAs) and National Marine Sanctuaries (NMS).
- EU directive 2005/33/EC, HELCOM and the Antarctic Treaty.
- National regulations including US state-specific regulations.
- Displays Zone Entry Time (ZET) - distance and time to territorial waters, SAs, PSSA & ECA.
- All regulations at any given GPS position.
Discover it for yourself
To bring clarity and improved planning to your vessel operations, and help protect both the planet, and your company's green credentials, contact us for a free trial.