Frequently Asked Questions
Which flag states approve the ChartCo System?
You can find all the flag state approvals in the downloads section of this website.
Which Inmarsat Terminals are compatible with the ChartCo Broadcast Service?
The following Inmarsat Terminals are compatible with the ChartCo broadcast service:
|Satellite B systems||Inmarsat Fleet systems
- Anritsu 402B
- JRC JUE 300B
- JRC JUE 310B
- Nera Saturn B
- Sailor SP4400
- Sailor SP9900
- Felcom 82B
- Felcom 82A
- Felcom 81B
- DEBEG 3232
- JRC JUE 410F
- Nera F77
- Thrane & Thrane F77
- Sailor 77 Fleet
- Sailor 77 Fleet+
- Furuno Felcom F70
- Debeg 3270
- Skanti Scansat F77
Can I use my existing Inmarsat terminal?
- The ship's existing Inmarsat B or F77 terminal is used in conjunction with a special ChartCo broadcast receiver.
- There is no interference with normal ship's communications and the ChartCo data is received automatically.
Please refer to the list of compatible Inmarsat terminals.
How is data Integrity guaranteed?
- Intelligent software ensures integrity of data packets.
- Hub software performs cross-checking of broadcast packets ChartCo receiver performs comprehensive error checking including CRC.
- Transmission algorithm provides broadcast spread to prevent missed data owing to end-user equipment downtime or signal shadowing.
- Client software will not make corrupt or incomplete files available to end-user.
Why Choose ChartCo?
- Well proven system, operational since 1999.
- Global market leadership in electronic delivery of navigation and weather updates.
- More than 4,000 users and rapidly increasing.
- 24 hour support desk.
- Introduction of oceanXpress™ electronic chart updates provides a bridge to the future.
Why Broadcast the Data?
- Affordable method for delivery of bulk data.
- Fixed monthly cost.
- Enhanced safety.
- Faster updates, improved time management.
- Integrated navigation & other data services.
- Common user interface - data direct to end-user equipment.
- Aids compliance with ISM procedures & SOLAS